Sunday, April 19, 2015

I Brake for Stamps Trillium Card - Coloring with Chalks

Not many stamp companies make a Trillium flower stamp, but there are a few out there of this more rare wildflower.  They grew in our woods when I was growing up, and my grandma had some in her yard.  Since we are in the middle of Spring, I felt like using this stamp.


I stamped the image in brown ink on patterned paper.  I then colored it with Pebbles chalks.  It is a really pretty way to color a flower that is white.  There is white chalk on thre flower petals and it does make them stand out.  


On the inside of the card, I attached this die cut bird.  I stamped the bird in Versamark ink and then used the Poppin Pastel technique to color.

  I hope this card may inspire you to get out your neglected chalks and use them for coloring.  They are easy to blend and are so soft you do not need to feel like it must be perfect to be very pretty.  Plus, if you do not have any, I have noticed they are often deeply discounted in stores since they are not as "in style" for crafting but are still so fun to use!

Supplies:

I Brake for Stamps Trillium
Gina K Designs Birthday Blessings (bird stamp and die)
Gina K Designs Dark Chocolate Ink
Versarmark Ink
Pebbles chalks
Prima Nature Garden 6x6 paper pad
Gina K Designs Grass Green cardstock
The Paper Studio Ribbon

This project will be submitted to the following challenge(s):
SimonSaysStamp Monday Challenge Blog - In the middle

3 comments:

April said...

This is so pretty! I love the stamp and all that you did with it!

scrappymo! said...

So pretty. These reminded me of the trilliums I had at my last house. We moved in January so it was the wrong time to dig anything...I miss their sweet beauty. Thanks for the memories of their pretty blooms.

Far North said...

OH I too remember "hunting" in the forest by our house for trillium! So fabulous and beautiful just like your card! Love your color choices!