Thursday, February 25, 2016

Distress Clean and Simple

I was very honored that this card was chosen for an honorable mention in the CASology challenge 186.  Thank you so much!



The challenge I am doing today is to use the theme, "Distress," with a clean and simple card.  The first thing that popped into my mind for this was this type of card with a masked off distress ink background.



I sponged Seedless Preserves, Peacock Feathers and just a touch of Chipped Sapphire (at the bottom) to get this pretty background.  I did do a practice sheet before to make sure the colors would blend, and I was really surprised what a pretty color resulted!   I flicked water on it to get the spots that look like rain to me.


The sentiment set I was using did have a nice verse for the inside, and I repeated the small butterfly inside too.

Supplies:
Stampendous Agapanthus Cluster stamp
Gina K Designs Assorted Greetings stamp set
Gina K Designs Whimsical Spring stamp set (small butterfly)
Versafine Onyx Black
Distress Inks: Peacock Feathers, Seedless Preserves, Chipped Sapphire

I would like to submit this to the following challenges:

6 comments:

Heather said...

A stunning card Heidi, a lovely card with beautiful colouring on the gorgeous stamped flowers!!

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

scrappymo! said...

Stunning...

Jen W. said...

I love this, Heidi! Those DIs blended gorgeously together and I love the touch of water splattered on it. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

OH Babs said...

This is not only one of my favorite techniques but also layout to use on cards. The DI colors are a perfect combination. A lovely CAS sympathy card.

Judy1223 said...

Heidi, sympathy cards are never say for me, but I will have to keep this design in mind. It is perfect! Your masked distress inking is just beautiful, perfect colors and very classy. Thank you for the inspiration...and for playing along at CASology this week!

Kreative Kymona said...

Hey Heidi!! I love your sympathy card. The colors are so fitting and perfect for this type of card. I love how you keep everything to one side of the card. Super CAS. Thank you so much for playing with us this week at CASology.