Saturday, February 27, 2016

Power Poppy "Sunny Harvest" with Prima Watersoluble Oil Pastels

Power Poppy's Power and Spark Challenge for February was to use a coloring medium that you don't use often.  I got a set of Prima watersoluble oil pastels for Christmas, but I haven't been using them much.  So that is what I am using to stamp with today.



The process is not difficult, you just color the crayon onto the stamp and then mist with one or two sprays from your spray bottle and stamp it.  You could also use a brush to apply the water.  In the areas where I wanted a touch more color, I just pulled a little off the residue on my stamp and brushed it on.



 I found that with clear stamps, it was nice to set the index sheet upside down next to where I was coloring so I could easily see where the leaves were versus the flowers, etc.  



For paper, I used watercolor, but regular cardstock works fine since you aren't usually using tons of water with this method.


I really feel artsy when I use these crayons to stamp with because you get such a soft and pretty result!


Supplies:
Power Poppy Sunny Harvest stamp set
Prima Watersoluble Oil pastel crayons (Olive, yellow-green, vermillion, yellow-orange and dark brown)
Gina K Designs Dark Chocolate Ink
My Mind's Eye The Sweetest Thing - Tangerine Paper pad
Embellishments from my stash

I would like to submit this project to the following challenge:

2 comments:

Carol L said...

I really like the soft look you achieved with those pastels! The strip of burlap is such a nice, earthy element to add for a little "flavor!"

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Heidi, this is gorgeous, and what an amazing effect using the water-soluble oil pastels! Wow! I love the colors for the Chinese lanterns and think the DP is perfect. And the burlap and accessories are wonderful! I saw this on SCS and just had to comment here too! It's so nice to have you at SCS! Hugs, sweet friend!