Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Birdie Love Valentine Card

Hello and thanks for stopping in!  Today, I used a sketch to make a Valentine from everyday stamps.

Click on photos to enlarge.
I colored my bird with alcohol markers and then covered him in a thick coat of glossy accents.  When it was dry, I trimmed him out.


I used a Valentine paper pad and some hot pink cardstock to make the card look the part!  The little hearts were confetti from a party that I saved.


Supplies:  Just for Fun Rubber Stamps Fashion Warbler, small, Unmounted Sentiment Sheet 3, Memento Jet Black, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, Ranger Glossy Accents, Gina K Passionate Pink cardstock, Pebbles Yours Truly 6x6 paper pad, Spellbinders circle dies, Avery Elle Wonky Rectangles die.

I would love to play along with the following challenges:
CAS(E)thisSketch #204


8 comments:

*Vicki* said...

WOW! That bird looks quite amazing with the glossy covering! Love the addition of the hearts! Such a stunning card design too! :) HUGS

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Heidi, what a darling card! What a sweet bird and a great sketch take! Beautifully done! And I really love the glossy accents. Hugs, sweet friend!

wannabcre8tive said...

What a cute little birdie. I love the bright pink c/s and the die you used on it. The gold glittery stars were definitely the perfect finishing touch for your card.

April said...

This is so sweet and I love the layout! great job!

Beth Norman said...

Fabulous card, Heidi. I was just on their website looking at this bird. I love all their zentangle stamps. The way you coloured and added glossy accents is beautiful.

Conniecrafter said...

very cool, I love the glossy accents on the bird!!

Carol L said...

What a wonderful valentine with that special blue bird! I love the text and glossy accents combo that really makes this a stand-out card! It looks great with the hot pink and wonky-stitched panel too!

Leigh Penner said...

I love how you used the text paper to paper-piece the bird! Super sweet take on the sketch!