Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Spring Watercolor Floral with markers


Welcome!  Spring is in full swing here as Spring Break recently ended.  That was a busy week, but we were blessed with such lovely weather to make the most of the time.  On Easter Sunday, the sun rose to the trees bursting into leaf and flower.  It was quite the transformation and what amazing timing.  Although our late March freezes did affect some of my flowers, luckily I have plenty.  Right now the Viola/Pansy pot looks amazing, as does my lilac.


Anyhow....I have a very springy card to share today.  I stamped this using watercolor markers, resetting the ink with a couple sprays from my mini mister.


The background was also stamped with light green ink on the matching cardstock.  I used some neglected washi tape and ribbon to add some contrast.  


Supplies:  Just for Fun Rubber Stamps Flora and Fauna sheet, Tombow markers, Spellbinders Labels 18 and Ovals, watercolor paper, ribbon and washi from my stash, Gina K Applemint ink and cardstock

I would love to participate in the following challenges:
SimonSaysStamp Wednesday Showers and/or Flowers
Inkspirational - Spring

Thank you so much for visiting me today and for your kind comments and support!  I hope to be visiting you soon!

15 comments:

Carol L said...

That's such a pretty card with those great spring flowers! As for the photos of the pansies and lilacs - awesome! Love the rich colors and I know you're enjoying the wonderful scent of lilac too! Well done!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Oh this is so very pretty Heidi! So Spring like and your photos are glorious of those gorgeous flowers! Have a wonderful day my friend! Luv n’ Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

wannabcre8tive said...

A beautiful card with Spring floral bouquet. I love the pansies and the lilac bush. Thank you, for sharing.

Robin said...

Such a beautiful card! I love the green background and the gorgeous flowers! Thanks for playing along with us at Great Impressions and good luck! Hugs, Robin

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Heidi, what gorgeous flowers you have in your yard...they are stunning, and I really miss lilacs! So glad the freeze didn't get them. And what a gorgeous card using markers. You've become such an amazing stamper, and I really love the detail with the small flowers. Stunning, sweet friend! Hugs!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh Heidi that is just beautiful, I love the colors and pretty stamping, that background is just so pretty, looks just like paper!
Your lilacs are so pretty, great timing on Easter to be blooming so lovely!

Darnell said...

Your card is such a pretty spring work of art, Heidi! And thank you for sharing your amazing flower photos! I wish I had smellavision for those lilacs ... I miss them so much! Hugs, Darnell

Beth Norman said...

Wow, I had to click on your card to make it bigger and was I blown away by how well you watercoloured your image. It is simply breathtaking.

sandie said...

Gorgeous Spring card. That background stamping is perfect an love the combo of washi and ribbon. Thanks for joining Ink

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, a great card, the flowers in your card are so bright and happy, they remind me of our flowering cherry trees Autumn leaves. The pictures of your garden are beautiful, have a wonderful weekend... Megan

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I do like the look you get from misting the colored stamp. It makes it so much more water color-y looking. Your flower photos are great!

Teresa Kline said...

hello heidi! super fun blooms, luv the colors and your design! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Cat Craig said...

Heidi, a lovely card, the greens are marvelous.

cm said...

Your flowers tucked into the pretty frame are absolutely lovely! Spring-spectacular! So thrilled you shared your beautiful card in the Inkspirational gallery!
~carol

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! I love the beautiful flowers, and the way you framed them! Thank you for joining our Great Impressions Challenge this month. I hope you come back next month.
Ruza
Ruza's Craft Corner