Monday, May 1, 2017

JFF May Challenge

I am very pleased you are visiting today because I am excited to announce the new Just for Fun Rubber Stamps' May challenge!

Moms!

I hope you will be inspired to make a card for a mom in your life.  Mother's Day is coming up on May 14th this year, and you could get ahead on birthday cards for mom.


For my card example, I used a beautiful peony stamp that I am really looking forward to color, but this time I paper-pieced it.  


I didn't have a patterned paper in the right color green, so I took a plain paper and stamped over it with green ink.  Sometimes the small details make me happy.


Supplies: Just for Fun Rubber Stamps Peony, Tattered Screen background stamp, Happy Mother's Day sentiment, Versafine Black Ink, KI Doilies 6x6 paper pad, Gina K Jelly Bean Green cardstock, Gina K Applemint ink, Elizabeth Designs Embossing folder

Thank you SO MUCH for stopping by! 

11 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Yes the little details are important and your card is gorgeous. The colours and the layout are lovely x

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

So pretty Heidi! I love how you added the texture to the green card-stock! Have a lovely day! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Carol L said...

That big bloom looks fabulous all dressed up in that pretty designer paper! I love the partial embossing too on your beautiful card!

Cat Craig said...

Pretty card Heidi, love the colors you chose.

April said...

This is so lovely, Heidi! I love the paper piecing. I love the embossing at the bottom too.

Beth Norman said...

This paper piecing looks fabulous. I love that stamp.

wannabcre8tive said...

A very beautiful card. I love the paper piecing.

Conniecrafter said...

Such a beautiful job you did with the paper piecing of the flower and great idea to just ink your paper for the leaves!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I like how you paper pieced this together with lovely colors and patterns. I think you are very clever to come up with a way to get the leaves patterned and in the right color of green.

scrappymo! said...

This is such a lovely mothers Day card. Brilliant idea to create your own custom green card with the ink!

I always made my Mum a handmade Mothers Day card. She passed away in Feb. so it will be strange this year to not create and send her card.

Yours is really pretty...

Marina said...

What wonderful paper-piecing and the way you stamped on the leaves looks great. I love this . (Our Mothers' Day in the UK was in March . Sadly, I no longer have my mum but my children made it special for me.)