Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Romance at the Holidays Handmade Card - Couple Under the Light Post

Today, I am stretching my stash by using a non-Christmas stamp to make a special & romantic holiday card.  


I stamped the Couple Under the Light Post stamp on some snowy patterned paper.  I decorated the lamp post with a little bow, and then added glossy accents to the lamp and stuck a heart rhinestone right inside.  Let me show you the red frame so you can see how I made it.


I embossed the red cardstock, then added silver ink directly to the paper.  I like to do this to resemble a fancy picture frame.  


The “Be Merry” sentiment was white heat embossed.  This comes from the Sentiment Set 1.  I just thought this worked perfectly to give to someone very special this Christmas!


I really think I have found my go-to set for romantic cards!  I can see myself changing up the background to use this scene stamp for a lovely engagement card in any season.  I just love the possibilities here!


Other supplies: Theresa Collins Christmas Home 6x6 paper pad, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Gina K Designs red cardstock, Brilliance Platinum Planet ink, Recollections Detail White Embossing powder, Elizabeth Crafts Embossing Folder

As always, I truly appreciate your comments and your visit today.  Happy Stamping!

13 comments:

Diane said...

What a lovely romantic silhouette card design Heidi.

Hugs Diane

Carol L said...

This is beautifully framed and stamped on that great dsp! I especially love that little red heart in the lamp! Beautiful!

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, a super special and romantic Christmas card, love the embossed and background, pretty paper and the heart shaped light in the lamp. Have a wonderful weekend.... Megan

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is fantastic and very festive as well as romantic! I love the paper you chose for it and the silhouette images you used on it. That is cute with the heart in the street lamp.

Linda Langes said...

A beautiful Christmas card with non-Christmas stamps Heidi.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Brilliant card, Heidi, love inking up embossing folders must do it more often, love the colours you’ve used.
Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Mac Mable said...

Love the fancy sliver and red frame idea...will be using that, as it looks fabulous. Such a great idea to use the silhouette couple for the Christmas card and the snowflakes on the background look adorable x Loving this one x

Mia said...

Beautiful and soooooooo romantic!!!!!!!! Hugs, my friend.

Beth Norman said...

This card takes my breath away. Thank you for showing us how you created your embossed background. Lovely work. The scene is really fun.

Conniecrafter said...

Aren't you the ever clever girl, this is so cute for a romantic Christmas card, love your heart gem in the lamp, and it all looks great against the snowy background!

Cat Craig said...

HEidi, what a darling romantic holiday card. You rocked it.

Marina said...

Totally LOVE this card - so modern, atmospheric and festive.

wannabcre8tive said...

What a cute card, Heidi! I love how you used the romantic die on the Christmas card. Awesome.