Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Using Multiple Stamps with Just for Fun’s May Challenge

Hello and thanks for coming to my blog.

The challenge theme for May at Just for Fun Rubber Stamps is to use multiple stamps.  It is fun to do a lot of stamping on a card, and I do hope you will participate in the challenge this month.  There are not a lot of rules, so it is a great challenge to play along with.


The background of my stamp was made with a piece of normal cardstock that I had coated with gesso.  I really love the result I get when I use this to smoosh into my distress oxide inks.  It creates a softer, lighter look as the ink doesn’t soak into the paper very quickly.   I used some pink, tan and green inks for this, drying in between.  THEN, I inked up my background stamp with the green Oxide ink, spritzed it with a tiny bit of water, and stamped it.  The stamping does take longer to dry on this surface, and that just adds to the texture.

I matched this with the pretty vase, stamped onto an ivory flecked paper and colored with alcohol markers.  I do like to sponge regular distress ink on the sides to add dimension.  I then just added the sentiment to the main panel with Versafine ink.



Supplies: Just for Fun Rubber Stamps Bamboo Background, Asian Vase with Blossoms, Helen Keller  sentiment stamp, Distress Oxide inks Peeled Paint, Antique Linen, Worn Lipstick, Distress Ink Antique Linen, Versafine Onyx black, cardstock from my stash.

Thanks again for coming!  I hope you will have a second to leave a comment or choose to follow my blog!

You can find me on facebook or pinterest, too.

8 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

That is lovely! Thank you for explaining how you got the effect.

Carol L said...

What a great example of fun stamping, and I love the textured background you achieved in the process! Very pretty card!

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous background with those pretty colours and thank you for the tip about using a light coat of gesso. Wonderful stamping and such a beautiful card x

Verna Angerhofer said...

So beautiful and I love the background you made and that gorgeous vase. Awesome colors!

Beth Norman said...

You created a beautiful background. Your vase is gorgeous. Very pretty card.

Conniecrafter said...

so pretty, that vase looks fabulous with the background you created!

Bev Polen said...

Such a beautiful card, Heidi! I love the background and the vase is gorgeous!! Great card!!

Esther Asbury said...

Such a gorgeous card! I love the way the gesso made your background inks look! So pretty!
I'd love for you to link this up to the Cropstop blog where it's always "Anything Goes" as long as you use a product or two from one of the companies they carry in the store. (You did!)
You can find the current link party here: https://cropstop.blogspot.com/search/label/link%20party